8 second attention span? Yikes. Who markets via email? What tools do you use and how often do you send emails? Do you segment your audience? Do you do a newsletter?
Email marketing is something I’m planning to do more of in the future. Whether it is for my business or a client’s here is what I recommend:
- Use a email marketing provider (MailChimp, AWeber, Ontraport, Emma, etc.)
- Add an email opt-in pop-up or “hellobar“ to your website if you don’t currently have one
- The frequency of emails should be based on the needs of your audience; however, also consider what you can commit to doing consistently.
- Absolutely segment your audience. Segmentation could be based on the type of content you create or the type of audiences you target.
- Consider creating a blog for your website versus a newsletter alone. This will allow you to create content that will drive your ideal client to your website as well as give you something to share or reference in your newsletter.
The above is just a quick high-level response to the small business owner’s questions. Keep an eye on this blog feed future blog posts will include email marketing provider reviews, thoughts on subscriber or opt-in tools, and more! If you want to discuss your particular online marketing concern or would like me to elaborate on anything stated above, schedule a “virtual coffee date” with me by clicking the button below.