12 Free Tools to Manage Your SEO
Use this simple worksheet and conduct a website audit. The worksheet will help determine which site pages you should work on first to begin optimizing your website for search. If you have too many tools in the kit, feeling a little overwhelmed, and unsure where to start first on your website, this is the worksheet for you. Request a copy of the free website audit worksheet today.
Otherwise if you’re the do-it-yourself (DIY) type person and want to optimize your website for search purposes, below is a list of 12 free tools used by many SEO professionals.
- Bing Webmaster Tools – A source of research tools and resources, such as the Bing Getting Started Checklist, to help you improve your SEO on the Bing search engine
- Copyscape – A plagiarism detection service to make sure your content isn’t being used elsewhere on the web
- Google Adwords Keyword Planner – A way to learn what your customers are searching for, identify new keywords, and research keywords to add to your list
- Google Analytics – Obtain website data and analytics
- Google Trends – Search and identify trending topics to consider incorporating into your content
- Google Webmaster Tools – Get data, tools and diagnostics for a healthy, Google-friendly site
- Optimizely – provides tools to help you increase engagement, interactions, and conversions
- MozBar – A web browser extension that gives valuable insights and metrics about a website; yours or somebody else’s
- SEO ToolBar – This toolbar works on only Firefox and displays lots of useful SEO related information about the website you are on
- SEOquake – This tool provides useful data for every website displayed during a web search.
- XML Sitemaps – A free online sitemap generator that will index up to 500 pages for any one website
- Yoast for WordPress – This plug-in is a must for any WordPress website or blog
BONUS Tool: WordStream Free Graders – Some folks use these tools for SEO keywords purposes; however, most use the three graders to gain insight into pay-per-click (PPC) account performance
Please share in the comments which of these tools you use to meet your SEO needs. If you have a favorite SEO tool not listed above, in the comments let me know what it is and why you love it so.
Oh! And don’t forget to request your free copy of the website audit worksheet too.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!